Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Red Wine, How I love Thee

    
So on my quest for better health (and by better health I mean a smaller waist) I have tried to stay off the juice for a while. I did this once before when I was "cleansing" my body of certain pollutants: dairy, caffeine, sugar, gluten, meat. It was hard for the first few days but then abstaining from my daily glass of wine got a lot easier. This time around though, I just can't seem to stay with it. 

There is just something so comforting about that glass of wine at 5:00. After a day of dressing, feeding and negotiating with a 2 and 3 1/2 year old all day, that glass of wine is what gets me through the latter half of my day. I know I don't need the wine. I want the wine. 

So what does this mean? Now before you go saying "well this obviously means your an alcoholic" let me just say that I have my fair share of alcoholics in my life and I am rather certain I couldn't hang with that group. I do the al-anon thing too so don't try and say I'm in denial. I really do know that alcoholism isn't my particular problem.

I just truly cherish that one glass of wine at night. Like it's my little slice of "atta-boy" at the end of the day. And if you're a mom,  a stay-at-home-run- a-small-business-mom, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's good isn't it?

So, is it worth my waist line staying at it's round state? I don't know. But I'll contemplate it over a nice glass of Pinot Noir.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new reader via Mrs. French and love your line. I appreciate your honesty. There are lots of little things I do, too, to get through the day. It is possible to indulge too much, but when that happens I cut back. Later, I enjoy all those little pleasures even more, like they are brand new. But most days the simple pleasures of something that makes us feel good when we're exhausted (be it coffee, one glass of wine, a chic flick) is a perk that I don't feel I need to nor have to give up, nor defend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete