Sunday, May 31, 2009

Celebrities Are Fat and So Am I


Today in the Sunday Times,  Jan Hoffman talked about how fat celebrities have the abilty to make us all feel more normal but then they go ahead and screw it up by crash dieting because they feel disgusting.

Well, so do I.

Every so often I look at myself and say enough is enough. I don't ever really diet because I absolutely suck at it. It's like the second I start dieting I get totally resentful at whoever gave me the idea to diet in the first place.  Suddenly I'm starving all the time. 

But alas enough with the I hate dieting blah blah blah. I am going to get on the scale, face reality and get back to a healthy weight. For me, that's about 135. 

Right now, look at that scale, yup 155. 

I can't believe I've put that out there for all to see. But I figure if it's happening to me it's happening to a lot of moms out there too. We're not obese but we've put on a few (or 20) lbs over the course of being moms and now we feel it's time to get healthy.

So for all of us out there who didn't lose the baby weight in the hospital (and for those of us still calling it "baby weight" ) let's get going. 

Let's take a little control in our lives and get healthy. 

For me that first step is not reaching for a glass of wine at 5pm every night. That's my first step. Then I'll deal with portion size (because I should not be eating the same amount as my 6' 2 inch husband!).

Baby steps. Here I go.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment