Friday, May 22, 2009

Cohabitating

I recently moved my son into my daughter's room in a desperate attempt to eek out a little more space in our small house.

Dashiell's nursery was featured on Ohdeedoh.com last year. My friend Traci French was writing for them and used our house as inspiration. And even though that room changed at least one more time since that article, I've had a "nursery" upstairs for more than four years now. 

The transition of getting rid of the crib and moving Dashiell into a "big bed" was harder than I thought it would be. When I moved Scout into her new bed it was out of necessity because Dashiell needed the crib. But now the crib is not needed at all and all that means is that my babies are growing up. 

I can remember the day the crib arrived. I big tattooed guy delivered and put it together because I was way to pregnant too do it myself. In fact, as he walked up to our house, he took one look at me and said "Whoa, I got here just in time" 
Yeah, thanks. I still had over 3 weeks to go. 
Turns out he was right. I gave birth to Scout 3 days later.

So taking that crib apart brought back all those memories of the excitement of being a new mom. 

But now, my kids are 2 and almost 4  and it's time to move on. The best part of moving on is that I get to decorate a new room. I always have a lot of fun doing that. I made Dashiell's room into our new playroom and made Scout's room into a shared sleeping space. The biggest challenge was trying to figure out how to decorate for both a boy and a girl. I decided to make each side of their rooms different. Bugs on his side, flowers on her side. 


He loves his new bed and isn't concerned at all that there are spiders crawling near his pillow. 

I still miss the crib, but I'm getting over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment