Thursday, May 14, 2009

Portland Rocks!

I am lucky enough to live in this city that the New York Times raved about in  Sunday's Travel section.

Oregon might get a bad rap because of the weather, Tanya Harding and the Spotted Owl, but Portland is one of the coolest cities in the country. And I'm not just saying that because I live here, I'm saying that because I have been to a lot of cities and I'm always thankful to come back home. If you don't believe me just read this article. Your mouth with salivate and your inner hipster will long to make a visit.

This is one of the reasons why I'm struggling with a recent decision to possibly move from Portland to San Diego. Why would I leave such a mecca of hipness and culinary creativity? Well, I, like a lot of "Oregonians" am from California. I moved to Portland about 11 years ago and have loved it. But my family is still in California and now that I have kids I want them to grow up around family. Plus, there could be worse places to live than San Diego, right? (If you are living in San Diego I would love you to weigh in on this).

My daughter and I recently made a trip to San Diego to visit my sister and her kids. We had the best time and to see the cousins together made my heart well over with joy.
Plus, I really love my sister and would love to be closer to her.
That being said, I also have wonderful friends here and can't imagine starting all over in the friend department. 

Anyway, this is a daily internal debate. Hopefully something will happen to lead me to the right decision. A job perhaps???? Any jobs out there? Yeah, I didn't think so.












No comments:

Post a Comment